Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Persian Rug

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! It has been an eventful few days for me. I had finals this week thats why I haven't posted lately. The craziest thing happened to me - I slipped and fell down the stairs at home last week.  I hurt my knee pretty bad but thankfully I'm doing okay, hobbling along. :-) I say lets talk about pretty stuff, nothing brightens up my day like it. Today, I want to talk about rugs,  more specifically - Persian Rugs!

Via here
It's always said that a rug grounds the room, and there are many out there who believe that it is possibly the single most important piece of the puzzle when designing a space. I can't think of an essential design piece that brings depth, and soul to a room like the persian rug does. I don't care how "cold" a space is, nothing warms it up quicker than a persian rug.

Via Home Design
Via Little Persia
Whatever your design aesthetic, you can easily design a beautiful room around a persian rug, and I love that it is always in style. I especially love it incorporated into a more modern design, I like the juxtaposition of the old and new. It makes it all so very interesting not to mention how gorgeous it always looks.

Via Homedit
It is possibly the only thing that looks great and works in any type of design style. I really love the red tones, and lately I've been thinking that I want a couple in my home, maybe one for the living room, and a runner or two for the hallway. These bad boys aren't cheap though, so I'll have to go on a serious hunt. Ebay here I come! :-)

Via Landry & Arcari
What do you think about the good ole persian rug? They have been around for centuries, and they are still a priced possesion by design, and non-design enthusiasists alike. That says a lot about this beautiful tradition.

(Image sources linked)

No comments: