Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is Everything Happier in Australia?

At the risk of sounding narrow minded, I still have to ask this. Is it just me, or do the happiest designs come from Australia? It seems like every interior shop, magazine, anything I see from 'down under' just looks brighter and happier, and always beautiful! Maybe it's the sunshine and people are happier,therefore they can't help but be surrounded by beautiful and happy things. I'm okay with seeming naive, and unaware when it comes this. Well, Ada and Darcy will help me with my case, they are an interiors and homewares boutique located in Australia. Their online shop is full of beautiful housewares, from decorative items to furniture. Ada and Darcy source their unique materials locally, and internationally. I've rounded up a wishlist, a very unrealistic one, but  quite lovely nonetheless. :-)
      
      

I don't think I've met a blue, and white combo I haven't liked, and that is the case in the first pillow. That print is too gorgeous!! What about this metallic gold pouf - it is all kinds of global glamour. It will bring an extra something special to any interior. It would be lovely clustered with other colors, or even another metallic color, like the silver one they have.
                            
I think this ginger jar would be gorgeous in an all white kitchen, it would warm up any cold modern room. I think in a traditional space it could go a bit old fashion, but hey, if you love it, you love it. I think in my old age I'm liking flower patterns on anything and that is a okay with me :-).
      
I am already thinking about spring and how I want to change up our bedroom. It's currently nice serene tones, and textures of cream. For spring I want to add soft pinks, yellows, blues, and turquoise, maybe repaint the walls white. That printed quilt is right along the lines of what I'm thinking about.
        

These chippendale chairs, highly out of my price range, but I can't help but lust after them. The seat fabrics can be custom made, and I really really love this Designers Guild fabric. These would make great accent chairs, but I'd use them as dinning chairs probably paired with a super rustic farm table. The pink is the one I'm eyeing of course.         

Have you seen anythig that you would like to add to your home too?

(Images Ada and Darcy)

1 comment:

julie said...

i'm head over heels for that printed quilt!