Sunday, May 27, 2012

Friends, Food, and Family

Happy Sunday!! Are you having a lovely weekend? It's Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. For all you who have the long weekend, I hope you have a great one! This weekend a dear friend had a surprise birthday that we went to last night. It was at one of the coolest bar/lounges I've ever been to. They had a killer terrace (didn't get photos of it, sadly). The inside was an industrial, midcentury, cool modern success. It was a super cool chill place, perfect for a gathering of friends.





This was the cutest lamb cake and it was even more delicious!

I am always amazed at how getting out and hanging out with good friends, lifts the spirit. Each time I do these things I am reminded of how these meaningful connections enrich our life. For me especially as a homebody it can be a chore to get out of my little nest. I am comfortable, I like my nice quiet time with my family. But every once in a while having good friends over, to laugh at silly stories, exchange ideas, or go out and do the same does wonders for the soul.








This morning I woke up craving some good music while I made our Sunday breakfast. My older daughter now always asks for pancakes every Sunday, and my mixed berry sauce has to be made. Now its' to a point she'll tell me make sure my plate has two strawberries, two blueberries and two raspberries. I find it adorable and heartwarming. I sometimes can't believe that I have a family of my own, and to top it off even our own family traditions. I was Instagram happy too (one of the side effects of good music) so took pics of our breakfast. It was yummy too. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope yours too is filled with much love and happiness!

(Images: Fatou Bah)

2 comments:

Ioana-Carmen said...

definitely! I've followed you on google
your blog is lovely by the way,waiting you on my blog xxx

FashionSpot.ro

Fatou said...

Thanks you so much Ioana! That really means a lot!

Fatou