Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beach Day

We took a beach day trip yesterday and what a necessary lovely day it was. Sometimes we wait to take the BIG trip forgetting that the little getaways are all the energizer we need. I didn't realize how badly (and believe me I've complained enough about needing to get away) I needed this, till we set foot onto the cutest beach town called Cannon Beach. It is so full of charm!







We had the yummiest crepes at this place. I had the crepes with chocolate, strawberries and whip cream! Divine!


It had the quirky little things you'd expect in a little magical place like this.



There were cute shops too of course! These pictures I snapped at a lovely interior shop called Sesame and Lillies.



The warm powdery sand was the perfect welcome!




Watching the kids be kids and sometimes having to hold myself back from telling them not to put sand in their hair, or hubby reminding me that we are at the beach just let them get dirty....were the best times I had.  But oh was nature showing off, the sunset was spectacular and all beautiful sea creatures frolicking.








What have you been doing this weekend?
Whatever you are doing, I hope it is filled with laughter and smiles.

(Images: Fatou Bah & Dawda Bah)

No comments: