Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rustic Comfort

I am a creature of comfort at heart, and the home truly is where the heart is for me. A typical Cancer through and through - I thrive on all aspects of the home. When it's cold, rainy, and grey all day outside, I yearn for nothing more than: a very cozy space, wrapped under the blankets watching TV, drinking tea from a beautiful mug, flipping through magazines, reading a book, listening to soft music with candlelights, baking cookies and filling the house up with that yummy homey smell, cooking a yummy comfort your soul food for my family.

via Apartment Therapy
via Lushlee 
via Remodelista
Simple definitely doesn't mean boring! 
via Sunset Marine Resort
via Sunset Marine Resort
via HomeKlondike
Nothing like a nice cozy, no fuss space to allow you to rejuvenate, reconnect, and get centered. I love the simplicity of these spaces, where you can't help, but concentrate on the important things.
Don't get me wrong I'm a girl who loves bold colors and prints, and the more the better. But sometimes it is nice (even necessary) to strip things down, and enjoy the quiet simplicity.

What things, places or activities do you find most comforting?

(Image sources linked)

No comments: