Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Book Inspiration - Romantic Style

How is every one's Sunday going? Mine has been the perfect lazy Sunday - all I've done so far is make an insanely big breakfast, that I am sill full from at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon. :-)
I was just going through one of my favorite design books Romantic Style by Selina Lake & Sara Norrman with photography by Debi Treloar (who's photos I am gaga for by the way).



          





I've wanted a mannequin on my dresser to hold my jewels ever since I saw this picture!

      

"Choosing colours that appeal can be daunting. Our eyes are trained to search for matching shades and shapes, rather than alighting upon hues that speak to us for emotional reasons. Try to shed your inhibitions and follow your gut instinct when it comes to colour - like taste and scent, the right shade will evoke memories that you thought were long forgotten. And don't ever worry about what 'goes'. If you like it, it works - it's as simple as that." - Romantic Style







I thought I'd share some of these inspiring images with you. If you don't already have this book, it is so worth your time and money to buy it. It is full of lots of creative ideas and beautiful images.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

(Photos by Fatou Bah from Romantic Style)

No comments: