Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Book Inspiration - Bazaar Style

Hello everyone! Are you having a good Sunday? I have a lovely book to share with you today. Bazaar Style by Selina Lake was just the book I needed this weekend. I have all these ideas of things I want to do in the house, and not the budget to match. I'm sure some of you out there know exactly what I'm talking about. I was flipping through it like I have done countless times before, so many of the images and tricks/ideas stood out to me. The whole idea is to decorate with thrift, flea market and bazaar finds. I love the decorating style, because it's very relaxed, personal, and cozy. I can't think of a more personal and unique way of decorating.

 
Look at that gorgeous wallpaper with the the old rustic table and the glossy table lamp. I really love that mix - thats what it's really all about.






I love thrift shopping, and I imagine shopping at a bazaar to be thrifting on steroids :-). One of my biggest dreams is to go shopping  at a Moroccan and Turkish bazaars.

These gorgeous candlesticks are arranged in this alcove and they look like an art piece. Beautiful!



I am really liking that teapot. Pillows are a great way to to add color, texture and personality to a room. And this room is a great example of that. I can see changing these pillows, and adding different ones making this room a completely new one.

This room is full of personality, and style. Nothing is too precious but everything is beautiful, and interesting.

(Images by Fatou Bah)

1 comment:

Marian said...

Girl the mix of old, new, luxe and thrift is wonderful.
It is that mix that I find intriguing.
Marian xx