Monday, January 16, 2012

Wall Displays

Hello Monday, and hello to you too! Did you have a good weekend? I am redoing my powder room so I was busy working on that this weekend - I'll share that later. So why am thinking of gallery walls I'm not quite sure but oh well :-). I have a gallery wall of family pictures on my dining area wall, and I go back and forth about taking the pictures down. I've got some pretty cool wall displays to share with you today.

Via House to Home
Via Style at Home
Via Style at Home
Via House to Home
Something about wall galleries appeal to me, I can't help but stop and look at the details every time I see one. I think they tell a story about the owner without them even trying. I have a gallery of family photos in our dining area, for a few years now, and every once in a while I stop and look at the pictures. There is always something new that jumps out, or that takes me back to that moment. It also has been a great way for my older daughter to point out relatives who are far away that she doesn't get to see often. It's funny now she would point at her baby pictures and say its her little sister.

Via Home Life
Really love this idea of using postcards to form a wall art. A great way to remember your travels, and the wonderful memories from them. I think it would be great to do some kind of a contained collage too, having the postcards framed in a series. Hang the frames in a gallery fashion.

Via Home Life
Using wall decals and carefully placed hooks - what a fun, creative way of displaying everyday items in your home!

Via House to Home
via Home Life

I was going through Emily Chalmer's Modern Vintage and there was a blurb that, there is a collector within everyone of us, and it is a matter of just letting out the collector in you. I'm still trying to figure out what that is for me other than shoes. This picture of the clocks makes me think of that though. For a person into clocks, plates, masks, mirrors etc., a display like this is a great way of surrounding yourself with the things you love.

Happy Martin Luther King day!

(Images linked)

No comments: