Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mint Tea

Last night we went to a wonderful new discovery in our small town of Vancouver. Mint Tea was recommended by a friend, and last week we went on a quick movie date, then decided to stop there and it was beyond wonderful. It is an old craftsman style home that has been converted into a lovely restaurant, the first floor had a section with lots of Moroccan style decor items available for purchase. The service and the food is what made it so special. They use local, organic, and sustainably grown foods which I absolutely love. Their staff were so nice and accomodating. We ordered tea from their extensive tea menu - I had lemon spice and hubby had basil tea. We returned today with the kiddos, and I took my dandy camera with me, because I wanted to share this charming little place that we found. 






It was tricky capturing all the little beautiful details and areas, as there were a few people dining there. It is a very relaxed setting, people seemed to want to linger a bit, and have a conversation. I tried not to be the obnoxious camera lady - hopefully I succeeded.





This bread pudding is the BEST I've ever had. As my husband said, "your bread pudding is good but it doesn't have their kind of middle".  I responded that it was custard I think, he said "you need to add it to yours." :-) So far we've only tried their desserts but there is a trip in the making to go for a real dinner soon.

I hope you enjoyed this little tour, as it was all for you. :-)

(Images: Fatou Bah)

2 comments:

Marian said...

Gosh that bread pudding looks good and I am not a bread pudding fan but looks like it could convert me!!
What a gorgeous find Fatou and I think your photos truly illustrate how special it is.
Big kiss
Marian

Fatou said...

Girl that bread pudding has a very good chance of converting you. :-)

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Fatou