Thursday, March 15, 2012

In My House Blog

Have you all heard of In My House blog? I came up on it after finding the images of the cool workspace I featured here. I saw the space in Hus o Hem, and I had to find out more about the people behind it. After following the trail, and I landed at this very happy space. In My House blog is written by Josefine and she features different parts of her home which is a mix of industrial, vintage, and shabby chic. I was so intrigued by her style and, very much excited by how she mixes the unlikeliest of things. I always love that - seeing people mixing things that don't sound like they would work, but they manage to make them look effortless.



I really love the playful use of the lamps in the first picture, and all the beautiful feminine colors mixed with industrial pieces. The mix of the hard and soft is very effective and comes off naturally.

   


   
The aqua window sills - perfection! This space really demonstrates the effectiveness of white, it allows everything else to pop.

   

   


You have to agree that the use of the turquoise/aqua is so well done here. I've toyed with the idea of getting a wooden letter B as shown above, but now I really want one, but an industrial one. Guess Josefine's design bug bit me. I really loved her blog and love how she beautifully put everything together. She also has an online store, but not sure that she ships to the US. Oh guess I didn't mention that she's in Sweden.

I hope your week has been going well! Ready for the weekend? :-)

Enjoy the rest of your day.

(Images: In My House)

No comments: