Friday, April 6, 2012

The Shop at Number 57

Hello everyone! How has your week been? School started for me this week and I am already buried with homework. Most of it is fun kind of homework - I get to start designing a loft for a made up person :-). I am excited! I am also doing a research paper and presentation on the great Elsie de Wolfe, which has been a good learning experience for me. I've decided I need to look back, and learn about the greats of this industry who have paved the way for the rest of us today. Elsie is considered the first interior decorator of the US, she is the first person to decide that she can make this a profession, and along with that she brought a lot of fresh ideas to a time when people were only stuck on victorian design.



I saw a picture from The Shop at Number 57 on Decor 8 the other day, and I was immediately drawn to it in the way that you have to find out more. Oh, do they have many gorgeous stuff on there. A husband and wife team give old and neglected pieces a new lease on life.  They also produce some sweet prints like in the pictures above, and crafts with a beautiful modern twist.







I love how they took something considered a "granny" look, and made it modern, and fresh.



How cute and funny is this?!



You can take a closer look at The Shop at Number 57 over here if you'd like. I have to say one of my favorite things about their products is that, you can feel their sense of humor in them. They are very joyful.

(Images: The Shop at Number 57)

No comments: