Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3D Wallpaper - Catherine Hammerton

I wonder if this brilliant idea has been around and I am the last to discover it. 3D wallpaper, it sounds so technical but is anything but that. I came upon them while on the site of British designer Catherine Hammerton. 


This ethereal hanging wall panel is made out of hand dyed paper cups! Yup, paper cups, now that's the cup that keeps on giving. 

I like the scalloped and textured edges of this wallpaper. I can imagine everyone wanting to touch it the moment they lay eyes on them. I can see these in soft pinks, mints, any pastels really.


I am drawn to tactile things, and I'm sure that's part of the draw to these wallpapers.  The handmade quality is not lost on these either. These flower cutouts were dyed, and hand stitched to a traditional wallpaper.


What do you think about these wallpapers?

1 comment:

Marian said...

they feel so surreal! they are quite the visceral experience
xoxo
Marian