Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fantastical Bathrooms

I have to admit when it comes to bathrooms, I'm usually a white kinda girl. I like a clean white and simple palette, with very clean and streamlined finishes. It is in powder rooms that I like to go crazy. I like a powder room to feel like a jewel box. Heavily patterned walls and gilded or painted mirrors.
This bathroom by the interior firm Maison Inc, made me giddy - the design geek in me came out in full force. :)



This beautiful wallpaper (can't remember the source) I remember seeing it in different colors. There is a lemony yellow that is so gorgeous that would work in so many rooms in a home. This bathroom sent me into the rabbit hole of lovely bathrooms. 





Okay these definitely are very girly and flowery....so of course me likee. I can see giving a guest room this type of a feeling, or in my dream cottage home. I like the soft palette and the playfulness about them.
I like the antiqued hand mirrors hung on the wall in the picture above. I can easily see taking aspects of the third picture with that painted mirror and incorporating it into a girl's bathroom.



These two have an old world charm with a few surprise details. Check out the pink painted file cabinet - now that is brilliant.


One of my dream destinations is Greece, specifically Santorini, with all those white washed houses and blue roofs. This reminded me of that. Lately, to put it mildly I have been obsessing about Santorini, so you can imagine my delight when I saw this. So beautiful, so dreamy!


White and natural wood always works in my opinion, and in this bathroom it is no different. I really like the wood beams and that window.


How about that view? :)

What is your bathroom style? What will your ideal bathroom look like? You can see that I like a bit of everything, but I think there is a commonality among all the bathrooms. There is a feminine vibe, clean lines, and most of all an air of indulgence, just what a bath should be!

Have a beautiful Friday everybody!

(Images: Maison Inc; Living Etc. )

No comments: