Sunday, September 23, 2012

The South Is Blooming

There are a few things in this world that are guaranteed to instantly make me happy. One of those things is coming across beautiful designs from the motherland itself....Africa. I came across The South Is Blooming and their collections of designs from South African designers, and they got me longingly dreaming, once again for beautiful African prints and more.


She and I need to get acquainted. Looking at their web site it doesn't look like they ship to the US, but I need to find out for sure. I want this so bad!


I adore this plant holder made of old telephone wires using traditional South African weaving techniques. Beautiful and earth friendly! Black and white stripes and yellow are always magical! Don't you agree?


Tea towel textile designed by Heather Moore of Skiny LaMinx. I like the classic combination of blue and white with a subtle African design element.

Okay how adorable are these crocheted "cactus" pots.


This vibrant African basket, a classic African design is also made of old telephone wires.
Another tidbit about me, I love monkeys, and stuffed monkeys even more. I love these cuties.

(Images: The South Is Blooming)

No comments: