Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sophisticated House Tour

This home oozes sophistication...it's even a bit sexy. This is the home of Anna Gillar, a Swedish Interior Designer and Stylist. High and low pieces are cleverly and effortlessly combined, it's hard to tell what is what. You can really sense that the home was designed with pieces that the home owner loved, rather than what is trendy. I've probably said it a hundred times, so I'll say it for the hundredth and one time, designing with things you love rather than what is trendy/price tag always triumphs. You can't help but be drawn to it, because it is that owners truth, and like it or not you can't help but have an emotive reaction to it.


So much to love in this room, from the whitewashed herringbone floors, white walls and the extra tall french doors and windows, and the gold/brass accents. It is stunning - a beautiful mix of glam and rustic!




I want that antique floor mirror! I read that the owner saw it at a French antique market, and she was instantly head over heels and without figuring out how to get home (from France to Sweden) frantically haggled and got the piece. I can so see myself doing the exact same thing.



I have to say I can't remember seeing a bed made this way and I quite like it. I like the restrain in design in the bedroom. This bed and the desk are both from Ikea. I just love seeing well designed spaces that mix low and high end, because it shows that you don't necessarily need a fat wallet to have a stylish space. All you need is creativity and the commitment to follow through!

(Images: Residence)


No comments: