Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Inspiring Photography

I came across Neil Mersh's photography the other day, and I was immediately drawn to it. He does interior, people, food and travel photography. He did a shoot with Elle Decor UK that I saw, and I had to find out more about the man behind the pictures. In a minute you'll see why....

I love the humor of this composition, I mean c'mon look at the mouse looting the jewels.
Oh the colors in this space are divine! I love those saturated red velvet chairs, that deep blue wall, and green sofa, bench and chair. I want that landscape curtain, I am seriously drooling over everything in this room. Have you noticed the lights hanging in front of the curtains too? It looks like its all part of the fabric.
Again I love all the bold saturated colors.
Not so mellow yellow
From the painted floors to the pillows, bench, I love it all. I would love a weekend cottage on the river or something that has this same vibe. Oh a girl can dream. :-)

I think we all need a fantasy garden like this to escape to, I couldn't stop smiling when I first saw this photo. His work is so beautiful, and kudos to the stylists who come up with these brilliant set ups.

You can find more of his work here, on the Pearson Lyle site. Personlyle is a London based photography firm with some brilliant stylists and photographers. It's definitely worth taking a look at the work they have up there.

(All images via Pearson Lyle)

3 comments:

Marian said...

That last image is gorgeous! Actually each of these is beautiful. Inspiration really does exist everywhere

Fatou said...

That last one is my favorite too :-).

Hungry in PDX said...

The lamps remind me of a restaurant in Multnomah Village: Marco's. Great breakfast! Anywho, they have different colored/sized/shaped umbrellas hanging upside down from the ceiling and for some reason I love that. Totally unique and whimsical.