Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chair Story - Tutti Frutti

So this is part of what I've been up to this weekend. My husband picked this chair up for me at a local thrift store, I think 2 years ago now. I spray painted it this mustard color and reupholstered the cushion and I love it, but I've been thinking about doing something different with it lately, and I finally had the perfect plan.

Before
After
You can see from the before picture that we were loving on it a bit much. I actually like the scratched paint and all, not the dirty cushion. I can't seem to clean it up good, probably because I didn't remove the old cover...not very smart, but I know better now.


The fabric I used is actually a pillow cover that I got from IKEA. I really wanted a print like this, but couldn't find anything quite right. This pillow was a perfect example of seeing beyond the surface of what an object is meant to be. Make your own rules! :-)

I am so happy with how it turned out, the color is so fun and bright. I don't know what it is, but I have just been more into pink lately.  I had to remember that my sweet husband, though out number still had to be represented. So I found this beautiful geometric pattern to balance out the girly. He approves and actually really likes the pink too! He said this is one of his favorite things I've done, now that's a compliment. :-)

What have you been up to this weekend? Any fun projects? I did some fun work with my daughter that I'll share shortly.

2 comments: