Monday, November 14, 2011

Fun Weekend!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend. I had a nice 3 day weekend, full of special moments with the family. I got some sleep and relaxation in, that is always good in my book these days.

There was a lot of getting silly with the kids, a lot of belly laughters, and plenty of baking and eating. Jalika and I got to do some fun things together, and one of those was painting some old terra cotta pots I have laying around from plants that have long passed.


Okay, so I have a bit of an Orchid addiction, I love love them, and I love having them around me. I usually have one in the living room at any given time, the only downside is they don't last very long and they die - and everytime that happens my husband will try to prove his point about what a waste of money they are. I never listen and he never gives up. Back to the pots, I thought it would be fun to paint them with chalkboard paint.



I figured it will be a fun project to do with Jalika, and it will be a nice "new" thing to have. Plus, I like that she can draw on them and make them cute and pretty too.
     









I hope you made special memories with your loved ones this weekend. I wish you a beautiful week!

(All images by Fatou Bah)

No comments: