Monday, February 6, 2012

Is Neon the New Black?

Okay, that is definitely a crazy question, but neon seems to be everywhere, and I never thought I'd say this, but I am really loving it. It is always inspiring to see a new and fresh use given to something familiar.  I have been spotting the neon trend in interiors for a while, and recently in fashion too, and me likey.

Home Life
Home Life

Home Life

Home Life
Don't you love how soft neon looks in these pictures? Neon is usually loud and obnoxious, but it's so quiet, yet very much front and center in these spaces - beautiful. The pairing with the soft peach and natural woods is a beautiful combination!

Living Etc.
The unexpected use of neon in this traditional kids room is such a clever twist. It brings in a great pop and excitement to the room.  Would you use neon in your bedroom ? Or any other room in your house?
I like the pop of neon blue ties on the pillows.

Living Etc.
Living Etc.
I absolutely love the neon painted door! What a brilliant way to add color to your home. I also love the contrast of the dark interiors with the bold neon. It is great to see how well neon works in both the bright, and the dark spaces.

Are you loving these as much as I am? See anything you like? Are you seeing this fun and crazy hue in a completely new light? I am!

(Images: Linked)

No comments: