Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pompoms, Daisies and Ladybugs

Hello everyone! I feel like I have been a way for a while. Busy busy on this end, how are you? My baby girl aka ladybug (her older sister gave her that name :-)). I have to give a disclaimer though, I promised to share some of my DIYs for the party and I am following through. Only thing I can't get good pictures of them nor did I finish everything I wanted to do. So there is my lame excuse true, but lame nonetheless.

Setting the tone with the fun pom poms.


The aforementioned daisies and the cutout banner that didn't make it on a string. So I guess can't call it a banner :-). Stringing the birthday banner was going to take too much time, and we were running late so I decided to just tape it on the wall. It did the trick.  Procrastination is not your friend!

Another decoration as a result of time constraints. I thought about making cupcakes because these cupcake papers were so cute, didn't have time. I didn't want them to go to waste so I made a garland out of them. They turned out really cute. 






The cake was fabulous!!!
The birthday girl!
Points for keeping a promise? I better have. :)

Have a great day everyone!

(Images: Fatou Bah)

2 comments:

Marian said...

darling I actually like that you taped the floral banner on the wall instead of stringing it. It is fresh and gives it new interesting angle.

I really adore your interpretation of the Miss Z's ladybug theme. It is so summery and delightful.

That cake is the icing on the ladybug theme!

What a cake it was.

The flowers hanging in the hallway make me want to pitch a checkered cloth beneath it and have a picnic with a floral view.

Your decorations are a triumph hun

Glam kisses,
Marian.

Fatou said...

I love the hanging pompoms so much that almost two weeks later they are still up on the hallway ceiling :-).

Thank you my dear! The party was definitely a success, the birthday girl was happy and so were the guest. I say mission accomplished!